Looking to truly make a difference for Arizona families? Look no further!
Since 2001, Sonoran Schools has been a public charter school leader in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). We believe every child deserves a great education; every child can achieve; and that STEM skills such as critical thinking are fundamental to adequately preparing students for the careers of tomorrow, and for modern life.
Our schools in the greater Phoenix and Tucson Metro areas are Title I schools, committed to making a great education accessible to a diverse population, particularly to under-represented groups. Through a comprehensive, integrated STEM curriculum; 1:1 technology; abundant extracurricular and enrichment opportunities; and an environment that promotes social emotional learning, we foster responsibility, and nurture a life-long desire to learn.
Our schools are communities where students aspire to succeed, where staff collaborate and grow together, where staff are supported, and where each individual is challenged to continuously improve. We invite you to join the Sonoran Schools community!
Our staff are our most valuable asset and our goal is to attract and retain the very best talent. To that end, we strive to provide the best possible compensation and benefits package to our team members.
Sonoran Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment or in educational programs, services or activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disabilities, marital status, genetic information or veteran status.
Our base salary is aggressively competitive with other Arizona schools and we reward staff for qualifications, experience, and performance, and compensate staff for additional duties.
We offer an exceptional benefits package, including dental and vision, and affordable life and disability insurance options.
Our unique medical insurance plan eliminates the worry of large medical bills for you or your insured family member, with Sonoran Schools paying the deductible and maximum out of pocket costs, and employee premiums are industry-competitive.
Our 401(K) plan ensures employees can make the personal decision to save, or not, that is right for them. For those who do choose to save, we match contributions up to 10%.
Health, disability and life insurance to eligible employees who regularly work 30 or more hours per week
High Deductible Health Plans with substantial employer contributions
Short- and long-term disability insurance available
Voluntary life insurance available (employee and dependent)
Company-sponsored 401(k) plan with employer match available immediately
View Current Openings on Indeed
Located on Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. Serving Grades 6-12.
Located at Stella and Prudence. Serving Grades K-8.
Located at River and La Cholla. Serving Grades K-12.
SONORAN VIRTUAL ACADEMY
A fully online school. Serving Grades K-8.
CMO (CENTRAL OFFICE)
Located at Elliot and McQueen in Gilbert.
Located at Ray Road and the AZ101 in Chandler. Serving Grades K-12.
Science Teacher (secondary school):
The Computer Science Teacher will teach middle school students, grades 9, 10, 11,and 12:
- Assess student academic performance and periodically report academic and social/emotional progress of each student to parents and school.
- Develop academic goals for all students and design lesson plans to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs using school-provided instructional materials as a core.
- Maintain current, accurate academic and behavioral files for each student and return graded tests and assignments to parents within one week.
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Develop and submit weekly lesson plans to the Dean of Academics and Science Instructional Coordinator
- Assist Computer Science Instructional Coordinator in assessing changing curricular needs and offer plans for improvement.
- Ensure that student growth and achievement is continuous and age appropriate for the subject area.
- Assume responsibility for meeting the course and school-wide student performance goals and demonstrate gains in student performance.
- Follow the disciplinary policies and procedures described in the student/parent handbook.
- Provide a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process
- Continuously seek opportunities for professional development.
- Keep abreast of current educational research through professional publications, conferences and cooperative projects with institutions and individuals committed to similar goals.
- Communicate students’ behavioral and academic information to staff members.
- Work collaboratively with the school staff to help meet the needs of students and their families
- Participate in all staff meetings, staff training and other events where applicable.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis. Respond to emails and voice messages within 48 hours of receipt.
- Model professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, parents, and Administration
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating, and being a positive team player.
- Come to work and meetings on time, request planned time off at least two weeks in advance.
Bachelor’s degree in Any Science Subject or related field is required.
Send resume to Daisy Education Corporation, 1489 W. Elliot Road, Ste. D103, Gilbert, AZ 85233. Job located in Chandler, AZ.
Located at 91st and Bell in Peoria. Serving Grades K-8.
Located at 35th and McDowell. Serving Grades K-12.
Be a Superhero To Our Schools
Support Our Students
Donations can range from monetary donations, to specific items (e.g. science equipment; playground equipment), to tax credit contributions.